Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tired, but here goes...

Today was more the full day you’ve come to expect from us and a series of tiny little museums.
We began our day at the Penitentiary Museum (this was for me.)  I enjoyed it thoroughly, and found it interesting to see what Canada was doing in corrections.  They have some new women’s options that are quite unique, integrating the offenders into aboriginal culture.  And the art work was some of the best we’ve seen this trip.  Mike was not as excited as I was.

Moving on we saw a Martello tower, a military fort like thing, big and round. 

And onto the National Health Care Museum.  It was a good museum, though I skipped the dentist room.

From there, we visited the Pump House museum.  Big pipes! (But I did also see Whale baleen.  That was interesting. It looks hairy. 

From there we went to the woodcarving museum.  This too was small, but very friendly.  More planes than I have ever seen in my life.  They had a little woodshop hands on area and I printed a picture of a beaver that tickles me no end.  Mike printed a dragon fly.  Somewhere there’s a wood block carver who would be thrilled!

Driving up the coast more, we were deeply in the 1000 islands.  Still early in the day, we hopped a boat tour.  It was lovely – the sights, the water… I’m more sun burnt, but it was worth it.

Tonight we are in Ottawa and will be tomorrow too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment